The Rainbow District School Board supports all schools in their expectations of appropriate student dress.
At Copper Cliff Public School, students are expected to dress and be groomed for classes in a neat and appropriate manner.
- Clothing with offensive language or logos is not allowed.
- Coats, hats, jackets, boots, back-packs, head gear are to be left in a designated area.
- Skirts, shorts and dresses must be no shorter than the mid-thigh.
- Clothing must conceal underwear at all times.
- Clothing must not be revealing.
- Students will be asked to remove piercings, jewellery or accessories if they are deemed unsafe for physical activity.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Children wearing sandals or dress shoes are not allowed on the playground equipment. Running shoes are required to use the play structures, in the interest of student safety.
- Children must wear clothing appropriate for activity (e.g. gym attire).
The principal shall have the discretion to apply this code – weighing safety, modesty and each individual case.
Consequences for inappropriate dress and/or appearance will vary depending on the situation. A student could be asked to change into other clothing at school or the student could be sent home to change. If the latter occurs, parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified.