Guidelines for administration of oral medication to students must follow the Rainbow District School Board Policy.
Procedures relative to the administration of oral medication will be adopted only:
- when requested in writing by the parent/guardian
- when authorized by a physician
- when medication must be provided during school hours.
Your understanding in this matter is most appreciated.
Authorization Regarding Medication
The principal will, after agreeing to consider the request, obtain a signed request/authorization form from the parent/guardian and supervising physician indicating:
- type of medication to be administered
- the required dosage
- the schedule of administration
- the method of administration
- the action to be taken in the event of possible hazards or side effects
- the emergency contact